Follow the trails of Ramayana through this blissful Sri Lanka tour package. This tour will cover most of the significant places of the great Indian epic, Ramayana.
Sri Lanka Ramayana Tour Package Highlights:
* Munneswaram Temple
* Manavari Temple
* Koneswaram Temple
* Shankari Temple
* Seetha Kotuwa Temple
* Sita Amman Temple
* Divurumpola Temple
* Sri Hanuman Bhaktha Temple
* Hakgala Botanical Gardens
* Panchamuga (five faced) Anjaneyar Temple
You will also get a chance to explore Sri Lanka's
* Sigiriya rock fortress
* Golden rock temple
* White sandy beaches of Trincomalee
* Biodiversity of Kandy and Nuwara Eliya
* Beautiful tea plantations, lakes, waterfalls
Avail discounted pricing for bulk booking.
* 3 people -> cost Per Person USD (330 x 3)
* 4 people -> cost Per Person USD (325 x 4)
* 5 people -> cost Per Person USD (285 x 5)
* 6 people -> cost Per Person USD (260 x 6)
Contact Navigers for bulk booking and for any customization on this trip.
* Meet and assist upon arrival and departure at COLOMBO International Airport
* Air Conditioner (PVT) Transport Provided
* Daily Breakfast.
* Accommodation on sharing basis
* Shopping and city tours at Kandy
* Services English Speaking Guide
* Hotel Taxes & local Service Fees in Sri Lanka.
* ODEL Shopping Mall 5% Discount
* On Arrival Water Bottle Per Person Provided
* Domestic & International flight charges (Please contact Navigers to customize this trip including the flight charges)
* Entrance Fees all the Sites
* Visa fees
* Beverages / snack /lunch throughout tour
* Portages, at the hotels
* Any item not mentioned above
* Special Camera and video permits at the Kandy Temple
* Government taxes
Other points to be noted
* The above mentioned hotels will only be confirmed on availability at the time of bookings. If otherwise suitable alternatives will be suggested prior to confirmation.
Arrive at Colombo International Airport (Bandaranaike) and met by your Guide, Representatives and transfer to hotel at Negombo.
En route travel to Chillaw and visit Munneswaram Temple and Manavari Temple .
Munneswaram temple is an important regional Hindu temple complex in Sri Lanka. Munishwaram means the first temple for Shiva (Munnu + Easwaran). It is believed that when Lord Rama left for Ayodhya after his victorious battle against King Ravana; when he came to this place he felt bramhaasthi dosham was following him as he had killed King Ravana who was a Brahmin. So Lord Rama had stopped at this place and asked Lord Shiva for a remedy. It is then, Lord Shiva advised him to install four lingams and pray to get rid of the dosham. Since then many devotees visit this sacred temple to blessings from Lord Shiva.
In Munneswaram temple, the central temple is dedicated to Shiva; which is the most prestigious and biggest. The other temples are dedicated to Ganesha, Ayyanayake and Kali.
Later visit Manavari Temple. (Approximately 20 minute drive)
Manavari is the first lingam installed and prayed by Lord Rama and till date this lingam is called as Ramalinga Shivan. Rameshwaram is the only other lingam in the world named after Lord Rama.
The four lingams are located at Manavari, Thiru Koneshwaram, Thiru Ketheshwaram and Rameshwaram.
Travel back to Negombo, which is a characteristic fishing town north of Colombo, it is a more 6 Km from the international airport.
Overnight stay at Rani Beach Resort at Negombo
Breakfast at the Hotel and leave for Habarana (150 km).
Check in the hotel and relax
Later go to Sigiriya, and visit the Sigiriya rock fortress. One of Sri Lanka’s most fascinating UNESCO world heritage sites. No matter how often you climb to the summit of this one-time hilltop fortress of the maverick Sinhalese king, Kassapa, the pleasure barely diminishes because of the abandon spectacular views at the summit.
Overnight stay at Habarana
After breakfast leave for the beautiful Trincomalee (90 kms)
Trincomalee attracts tourist not just for its unspoilt, white, sandy beaches and crystal blue waters; but also for its rich history. Trincomalee is possibly the site of historic Gokana in the Mahavamsa (Great Chronicle), and its Shiva temple the site of Trikuta Hill in the Hindu text Vayu Purana.
Visit the Koneswaram Temple (also historically known as the Thirukonamamalai Konesar Kovil, the Temple of the Thousand Pillars and Thiru-Konamamalai Maccakeswaram Kovil), is Trincomalee’s most culturally important site. It is a vibrant religious complex located atop a rocky hill that opens out to gorgeous vistas of the sparkling blue ocean.
Thiru Koneswaram Temple is dedicated to Lord Siva, and is also called as Dakshina- Kailasam. This temple has a huge complex housing the deities of Bhadrakali, Ganesha, Vishnu Thirumal, Surya, Raavana, Ambal-Shakti, Murugan and Shiva who presides at the promontory’s height.
The Koneswaram temple complex is also home to the Lover’s Leap (Swami Rock) a rocky pinnacle worshipped by passing fishermen.
Later visit Shankari Temple, which is one of the 18 Devi Temples (Ashta Dasha Shakti Peethas).
Lankaayaam Shaankari Devi in Ashtadasha Shakti Peetha Shloka; refers to this place, which means Shankari in Lanka.
Overnight stay at Hotel
After breakfast at the hotel, leave for Kandy via Dambulla and Matale.
En-route visits the famous Golden rock temple.
Dambulla cave temple also known as the Golden Temple of Dambulla is a World Heritage Site. This cave temple which dates back to the 1st Century BC. It is the largest and best-preserved cave temple complex in Sri Lanka. And one of the earliest buildings of stone constructed in Ceylon. The rock towers 160 m over the surrounding plains. There are more than 80 documented caves in the surrounding area. Major attractions are spread over five caves, which contain statues and paintings. These paintings and statues are related to Gautama Buddha and his life. There are a total of 153 Buddha statues, three statues of Sri Lankan kings and statues of gods and goddesses including Vishnu and Ganesha.
Break for lunch
Later visit the Seetha Kotuwa Temple
Seetha Kotuwa is the place where the city of Lankapura once stood. The city had a beautiful palace for queen Mandothari surrounded by waterfalls, streams and varieties of flora and fauna. Seetha Devi was kept in this palace until she was moved to Ashoka Vatika. Seetha Kotuwa means Seetha's fort.
Then visit Divurumpola Temple. This is the place where Seetha Devi underwent Agni Pariksha. It is a popular place of worship among locals in this area. Divurumpola means place of oath.
Overnight stay at hotel
Breakfast at the hotel and leave for Nuwara Eliya.
En-route visits a Botanic Garden, Tea factory, Tea plantation and Ramboda waterfall. Make sure you sip the famous Ceylon Tea.
Visit the Sri Hanuman Bhaktha Temple. On these hills of Ramboda where Hanuman was searching for Sita, the Chinmaya mission of Sri Lanka built this temple with Hanuman as the presiding deity.
Visit Sita Amman Temple (Seetha Eliya) is said to be built on the sides of the stream where Seetha Devi bathed. The temple was erected for Lord Rama, Sita, Lakshman and Hanuman by the side of this stream. It is interesting to note that foot prints similar to Lord Hanuman’s are found by this river. You can also see ancient statues of Rama and Sita on one side of the temple.
Visit Hakgala Botanical Gardens is the exotic pleasure garden where King Ravana kept the depressed Sita, insisting that she marries him. It was here where the heartwarming meeting took place between Sita and Hanuman, who brought her Rama’s ring with the news that Rama was looking for her. Part of this majestic garden still exists. It is also said that Hanuman nearly destroyed it in order to prove to Ravana of the forces against him.
In evening you will have a city tour in Nuwara eliya and visit the Gregory lake.
Overnight Stay at hotel
After breakfast at the hotel and travel to Colombo.
En-route visit the Anjaneyar Temple in Dehiwala
The Panchamuga (five faced) Anjaneyar Temple is the only temple in the world to have a chariot of Anjaneyar.
You will be then dropped at airport for your onward journey.
Important Point for Holiday packages
1. Premium will be charged during festival season or long holidays season and weekend for hotel booking. Some hotels if do not have restaurants or charge hefty amount; in those cases we will not be able to arrange breakfast however we will compensate by INR 100 per head per day for breakfast or we will ask our guide to take you for breakfast
2. This price is applicable for couple booking
3. The change in dates will attract re-quote
4. Normal hotel check-in time is from 2:00 PM onward and check-out time is at 12 PM and in India its 12 for check in and 10 for check out
5. The above cost does not include any kind of surcharge, if applicable during the given travel period
6. 'No Show' is subject to full booking charges
7. Pls call us for group booking discount if there are more than 2 adult travellers
8. For international trips Forex conversion of 4.4% or INR 2000 is applicable per booking
9. Package has to be booked at least 5 days in advance to ensure quality. For urgent packages we will try our best to arrange the best hotel available for you in that category
10. If more than one state is included in the transfers; there will be additional interstate taxes that our customer has to pay
11. No money will be refunded if hotels are car is booked and payment is already made. In this case Navigers will provide proof of expense to customer
12. No bookings are made until customer makes the payment
13. Rates are subject to change without notice
Cancelling before 1 Days to 7 Days will deduct 100%
Cancelling before 8 Days to 16 Days will deduct 50%
Cancelling before 17 Days to 28 Days will deduct 25%